You want to replace the shocks or struts on your Dodge Ram 1500, but not sure which one to go for. If that is the case, you are on the right page. There’s a lot of options that would surely puzzle you. We would help you to choose the best shocks for Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 matching your requirements. Be rest assured we have only picked up the products that are superior in quality and fantastic in performance.
Best Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
1. Blistein 4100 Series – Heavy Duty Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500
- Kit includes Front Ride Height Adjustable and matching Rear 5100 Series Shock Absorbers.
- Front shocks adjustable from 0-2.75" of lift. Rear accomodate up to 1" of lift.
- Kit fits Dodge Ram 1500 4WD 2009-14.(Excludes air leveling)
- Lifetime Warranty
- Easy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required.
Blistein 5100 series is the top heavy duty shocks for dodge ram 1500. This searies is best suited for vehicles with large heavy tires and a heightened stance. We consider them as the top one because of their safety standards and extra high performance on various kinds of terrains.
Moving on to its installation, they are direct bolt-on type. So, you need to fix them as per your vehicle height requirement. Make sure you level them properly for a smooth-riding experience. Last but not the least, they come with lifetime warranty. This kind of warranty puts you at ease for the rest of your life.
Blistein 5100 series is specifically meant for off-road applications. They are tested to provide an amazing ride on both highways and off-road applications.
2. Rancho QuickLift Struts And Shock Kit For Dodge Ram 1500 4WD – Top Shocks And Struts For Trucks
This is an awarded front shock for dodge ram 1500 2wd. You would love the way it performs on different terrains. We would call it the top shocks and struts kit for trucks. The kit has everything that you need. You get 2 front struts with springs and two rear shocks and a few accessories like the bolting nuts, bushings, shocks boots, and mounting plate. Installation is a tedious process. You would good 1 to two hours to install them to your vehicle.
You can manually tune them too depending on the terrain preferences when going on long tours. Thanks to its velocity-sensitive valve for the same that regulate the damping force proportionally to the compression. On the whole, buy it if you are looking for something durable, versatile, and with high-quality standards.
A versatile dodge ram 1500 with shocks and struts for every heavy vehicle in the industry. Buy it if you want everything in one and on-the-go kit during your long travels.
3. Rough Conuty Lift Kits – Shocks For Lifted Dodge Ram 1500
- Give your Ram the Perfect Blend of Performance, Protection, and Style from Rough Country.
- Unmatched Ground Clearance | Premium N3 Shock Absorbers the Best in Performance for On and Off-Road Use.
- Maintains Smooth, OEM Like Ride | Levels the Front with the Rear.
- Precision Laser Cut materials used in CAD process.
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Shocks/Struts 3 Year Warranty
The Rough County suspension kit with shock absorbers is very similar to other top-notch competitors. It is crafted to give a good blend of performance, protection, and style. It is heavy-duty product to meet the driver’s need for off-road applications and different rough terrains.
We also like the fact that they are made from precision laser cut material that not only makes them more smooth but also increases vehicle performance considerably. Lastly, this best Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 has a lifetime replacement warranty.
You can call this one as the best front shock for dodge ram 2wd.
4. Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Kit – Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 With Leveling Kit
- FITMENT: 2014 - 2020 Ram 2500 (4WD) and 2013 - 2020 Ram 3500 (4WD). Does not fit Power Wagon models.
- CONTENTS: (2x) High-Strength Steel Spring Spacers, (2x) Shock Relocation Brackets, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2.5 inch front suspension leveling lift.
- INSTALLATION: Easy 'bolt-on' installation takes 2 - 3 hours. No special tools are required.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires. Factory shocks can be reused without compromising ride quality.
If you are looking for something affordable this can be a great option. Supreme suspension can run on large tires easily. The device is crafted and tested rigorously for ASE certifications. What we like while testing it is the high-strength carbon steel that is made to withstand the toughest driving conditions. You can take your large beast wherever you wish too on a rocky terrain to a snowy road without a fail.
The installation process would take around 2 hours depending on the expertise of the person installing it. The good part is that it comes with accessories like nuts and bolts to ease up you a little while installing. The glitch is that it does not fit well to auto-level air suspensions or fit power wagons.
A budget-friendly ram 1500 2wd shock kit in the market with standard features and performance.
5. Monroe 58640 – Load Adjustable Shock Absorbers
- All weather fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Full displaced valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon banded piston: The Fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability
- Made in China
This one is a good model for off-road truck trips. It has shock absorbers that adjust rapidly to the changing road conditions. Our test says it delivers enhanced control with uncompromised ride comfort. So, you will always have comfort while driving on normal roads and extra control over the demanding road conditions. This comes in a pack of two without a rear suspension. We suggest it for models with a heightened sensing rear.
The installation process of this is quite simple when compared to others. However, you need to be careful of springs and also buy some additional nuts and bolts for the assembly.
We recommend this product for 4X4 dodge ram trucks who carry heavy loads and travel to different weather conditions. For such vehicles, this is the top shocks absorber for smoothe easy rides.
6. Skyjacker H7017 – Basic Shock Absorber For Dodge Ram 4X4
- Multi-Stage Velocity Sensitive Valving
- Twin Tube Construction
- 5/8 in. Diameter Hardened And Double Chrome Rod
- Red Polyurethane Bushings
- Includes Red Boot 15 Other Colors Available
The Skyjacker Hydro is designed to easily install on the lifted trucks for smooth and efficient performance. They have a twin tube jack that is dependent on a valve system for a great response to deep bumps and for amazing shock absorption on different terrains.
Installing them is an easy task, you won’t take more than an hour. If you are a regular drive prefer taking up both the rear and front pair.
Skyjacker Hydro 7000 is a good choice for lifted trucks and for moderate off-roading or towing every day. They aren’t the very best ones but for the money they come in, they offer amazing handling under moderate driving conditions.
Buying Guide – What To Consider When Buying Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Buying a product like this can be confusing until and unless you know about your needs and the variety in the market. The best shocks for dodge ram 1500 are the ones that offer impeccable performance on various terrains and last you long. If you are unsure which one to choose we have a buying guide for you. Our buying guide would help you find out the top one matching your needs. So, let’s start.
1. Driving Conditions
Driving conditions play an important role in deciding the shock absorber. So, you should know where will you drive your vehicle the most like on off-road, normal rods, or a rocky one. For various off-road applications, the product with nitrogen shocks absorber is the best. It is because it reduces excess heat and improves performance. The best one in this category are Blistein 4100 Series, Rancho QuickLift Struts And Shock Kit For Dodge Ram 1500 4WD, and Rough County Lift Kits.
2. Type: Twin-Tube Or Mono-Tube
When selecting the shock absorber you should also know the type you want. The widely available ones are the twin-tube or the monotube. Both of them works well on normal roads. Nevertheless, the twin-tube one performas well and give a smoother ride for everyday ride but are not as durable as mono-tube. The mono-tube shocks keep the gas and liquid aloof for better stability and performance on different roads.
3. Shock Diameter
Investing in a good shock absorbers for trucks is important. You should actually know what are your needs. The larger shocks tend to store more fluid and gas in them. This suggests it would take longer for the fluids in it to heat up and thus the unit would absorb more energy and thereby give you high performance. A shock absorber with a wider diameter is always better than the narrower one.
The exterior finish and protection are also important. A well-made shock would keep your truck running smoothly without falling apart in rust. Prefer going for absorbers that offer a protective coating and are built from premium materials like metal alloys and hardened aluminum. These kinds of materials are not reliable but in a way helpful in enhanced performance.
For maximum performance the Blistein 4100 Series is the best Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 2020. It has the largest shock absorbing power with a good fluid concentration to handle the roughest roads with ease. The shock set offer different level of performances and is built with premium materials for longevity. The other products in our list also give tough competition to Blistein series. Prefer matching the products with your needs for a satisfactory shopping experience. We hope that going through the buying guide would help you to find the product that you really need.